Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, January 23

Review: Last Hit by Jen Frederick & Jessica Clare

last hit

Title: Last Hit

By: Jessica Clare & Jen Frederick

My Copy: Ebook for Review

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books

Nikolai:
I have been a contract killer since I was a boy. For years I savored the fear caused by my name, the trembling at the sight of my tattoos. The stars on my knees, the marks on my fingers, the dagger in my neck, all bespoke of danger. If you saw my eyes, it was the last vision you’d have. I have ever been the hunter, never the prey. With her, I am the mark and I am ready to lie down and let her capture me. Opening my small scarred heart to her brings out my enemies. I will carry out one last hit, but if they hurt her, I will bring the world down around their ears.
Daisy:
I’ve been sheltered from the outside world all my life. Homeschooled and farm-raised, I’m so naive that my best friend calls me Pollyanna. I like to believe the best in people. Nikolai is part of this new life, and he’s terrifying to me. Not because his eyes are cold or my friend warns me away from him, but because he’s the only man that has ever seen the real me beneath the awkwardness. With him, my heart is at risk..and also, my life.

our thoughts

This was a tough one. Last Hit starts out very rocky. For any normal girl raised in this vicious and dangerous world we know to watch for the "Red Flags". Let's just say that Daisy may be very smart at cognitive thinking, and sorting out just how to get what she desires, but she is very naive inexperienced. For example, in today's society any woman would not let a man she just met take her on a shopping spree. Interaction and experience would lead us to know that most men would do something like this with an ulterior motive. Being that Daisy has been so sheltered, and blocked from learning the nature order in society she this is completely unknown to her. That is what makes this even remotely believable, but yet still you have to be a very unbiased reader to see past your own knowledge. I had to consistently remind myself of Daisy's character, and back track to reprocess what I had read to reflect with false innocence to correctly understand the story. Therefore, this story is very much a complex story to unwrap, but as the story continues I find myself diving into it much more easily. The remainder of the story is rough and rugged, but so are the characters. In the end, I think that my best explanation of this book is to convey that it is a very unique read. To rate it resides somewhere in the middle; it is not an greatest book I have read, but it was far from terrible. It conveys a story line that is very creative and like nothing else that I have read, but I think it delivery leaves some room for improvement. My past experiences of Jen Frederick grabbed my attention when I came across this book, but this seems nothing like what I have come to expect from this author. This story is a much more carnal and vicious story; which was a bit refreshing from the easy going love stories. I just wished for it to have been a bit less stalkerish in delivery.

jackie name plate

No comments: