Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, November 12

Review: Get Bent by C.M. Stunich

get bentTitle: Get Bent

By: C.M. Stunich

Series: Hard Rock Roots #2

My Copy: Ebook from Amazon

BookWhisperer Rating:

four_books_thumb

Naomi Knox is missing.
I don't even f*cking know whether she's dead or alive.
What I do know is that she's the air I need to breathe.
She's my redemption, an all consuming fire that burns in my blood.
And I'll do anything to find her. Anything. Even if it means the end for me.
& & &
Turner Campbell is searching.
But he has no f*cking clue what it is he's searching for.
There's darkness all around and enough secrets to choke.
There are angels, and there are devils. It's impossible to tell them apart.
Light needs to be shone on the truth, but there's no one left to hold the torch. The line between life and death is blurred, and the players are all thoroughly entrenched in the game. The question is: am I still one of them?

our thoughts

Hard Rock Roots has found it’s groove. If you had read the previous review for Real Ugly I was a very conflicted reader. Not sure what to make of this debuting series was exhausting. Following such an intense cliff hanger; I jumped right into Get Bent without a second to breathe. As you can see by my rating alone this series has jumped up the scale. This is definitely a diamond in the ruff. While reading it is full of moments of clarity, as well as, moments of shock. This is a raw and volatile story that will test your limits. Naomi and Turner are explosive and honest. From the start it will be a whirlwind of intensity that keeps readers hanging. This book was more of a mystery than romance. With Naomi missing, and the mission of redemption it is our main focus for the majority of the story. Once we hit the second half, or maybe actually more of the last third of the book, it shifts back to a more intense romance that will have readers sweating. I was more captivated by this story, and hope to see the intrigue continue into book three.

jackie name plate

No comments: