Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, January 13

Review: Vain by Amelie Fisher

vain

Title: Vain

By: Amelie Fisher

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

five_books_thumb More If I Could!!!!

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.
Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.
I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.
***
“Hold me tighter,” I whispered against his teeth. He clutched me closer yet not tight enough. “More,” I demanded.
He drew me firmer against him and I felt every ridge of his body.
“Is that close enough?” he laughed into my throat.
“Perfect,” I told him.

our thoughts

Amazed, brilliant, touched, awed, there are so many other words I can used to describe every emotion this book brought out of me, but I won’t because I am sure you will understand how wonderful this book was to me. At the very beginning, I was unsure of how this highly rated book was going to live up to its praises. I didn’t like Sophie; she was dreadful. So stuck up, unworthy of the life that she was living, that I thought if this is all Vain is going to be, I am going to be disappointed. But it wasn’t; Amelie completely reconfigured the stars, and brought a whole different plot.

The synopsis is not all what this book is about; it contains so much more. Sophie gets in trouble, again, and is sentenced to six months in Uganda to work in an orphanage. This kind of living is nothing that she is used to but is stuck doing as punishment. However, it is not a punishment for long. Masego, the orphanage, tilts Sophie’s world on its axis and brings a whole new meaning to life. She meets Karina and Charles who are more of a parent figure than her own parents. Sophie makes honest friends and even finds a love that she has never experienced.

I loved this book! It made me cry on numerous accounts. I cried because of the beautiful life the children at Masego represented (the love, the happiness), and because of the danger and honest truth that this book brought to light. But I think this book shook me to the core because after I finished it, I really wanted to Sophie in the end. I wanted to have made such a wonderful difference in someone’s life like Sophie did with the children and the workers at Masego. Yes, I know that this is only a story but what a beautiful way to bring out a longing to help others in need. Oh, and I wouldn’t mind running into an Ian if my life ever took a turn like Sophie’s. J

Can I give this book 6 out of 5 stars? I think it deserves it.

miranda name plate

1 comment:

Angeline Kace said...

OMG!! I just finished this at 1 am last night! I completely agree! Didn't care for Sophie too much at the beginning, but Fisher was able to make me empathize with her and want to see where the story was headed. And it was AMAZING! Loved it! Great review. :)