Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, January 11

Review: Taste by Kate Evangelista

taste1
Title: Taste
By: Kate Evangelista
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
My Copy: Ebook for Tour
BookWhisperer Rating:
four books



The synopsis was something that did not make me long to read Taste, instead it just made me shrug and think, “Eh.”  But I sat down and started reading and within the a few pages I had to reassess my “Eh” into an “Oh! This is going to be good.” 
And it was!  I really enjoyed the fantasy ride Evangelista took me on. Never would I have thought that Demetri’s race is a zombie.  Not what we would consider a zombie but a race that is almost as old as the gods.  The “Zhamvy” (or zombie) race is deeply hidden within the confined area of Barinkoff Academy and leave it to our heroine Phoenix to fall right into their world.  Yet these Zhamvys do not eat flesh for it is forbidden.  A king rules them; they have a society and an order to life.  They do not run around, moaning and trying to eat brains.  Zhamvys are a civilized race.  This fresh plot line makes me want to applaud Evangelista for thinking up something that is so original. 
Another reason why this plot line is so fantastic is because it is so chaotic. I mean this in a good way.  This book will not confuse you; it is easy to grasp.  However, the chaos comes from Phoenix POV.  One day she is in the library and falls asleep.  The next thing she knows, she has encountered the Night Students.  She is completely confused at to what is happening around her but a point to her character, she is curious (as Luka calls her “little cat”) and searches for the answers to all of her questions. 
I hope that Evangelista will continue this book and give me some more to feed my appetite.  Also, for some reason, I would love for this to be turned into a movie.  That would be awesome.

Author Website: www.kateevangelista.com
Twitter: @KateEvangelista
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kate-Evangelista/165693410143202
Find Taste on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13484226-taste
Crescent Moon Press page for Taste: http://crescentmoonpress.com/books/Taste.html
Purchase Links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Taste-ebook/dp/B007Z1AC78
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/taste-kate-evangelista/1110599907?ean=9781937254551
Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Taste/book-Q8M5pIKoJkKLo_FgBJ_BOQ/page1.html?s=vUVZkfrXZUeDOQXRE7MhuA&r=4
The Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/Taste-Kate-Evangelista/9781937254551



 Song Credits: “Hunger” © Noelle Pico.
 Full Download available at http://sheisnoelle.bandcamp.com


our thoughts finl
The synopsis was something that did not make me long to read Taste, instead it just made me shrug and think, “Eh.”  But I sat down and started reading and within the a few pages I had to reassess my “Eh” into an “Oh! This is going to be good.” 
And it was!  I really enjoyed the fantasy ride Evangelista took me on. Never would I have thought that Demetri’s race is a zombie.  Not what we would consider a zombie but a race that is almost as old as the gods.  The “Zhamvy” (or zombie) race is deeply hidden within the confined area of Barinkoff Academy and leave it to our heroine Phoenix to fall right into their world.  Yet these Zhamvys do not eat flesh for it is forbidden.  A king rules them; they have a society and an order to life.  They do not run around, moaning and trying to eat brains.  Zhamvys are a civilized race.  This fresh plot line makes me want to applaud Evangelista for thinking up something that is so original. 
Another reason why this plot line is so fantastic is because it is so chaotic. I mean this in a good way.  This book will not confuse you; it is easy to grasp.  However, the chaos comes from Phoenix POV.  One day she is in the library and falls asleep.  The next thing she knows, she has encountered the Night Students.  She is completely confused at to what is happening around her but a point to her character, she is curious (as Luka calls her “little cat”) and searches for the answers to all of her questions. 
I hope that Evangelista will continue this book and give me some more to feed my appetite.  Also, for some reason, I would love for this to be turned into a movie.  That would be awesome.



 
name plate miranda
 Check out giveaways for Taste. a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments: