Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, September 3

Review: Take This Man by Nona Raines

take this man

Title: Take This Man

By: Nona Raines

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Released: October 16th, 2011

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books

About this Book:

It is times like these that I hate reviewing books. I had really high hopes for “12 Rounds” and was excited to start it. I mean, have you seen the cover of this book?! Nice, right?!

However, I just couldn’t click with it. I felt like Sean’s character was just so crude and vulgar in every area of his life beside his life with his sister. He thought so highly of her that I couldn’t imagine a man thinking so lowly of every other woman. And then, out of the blue, he becomes a gentleman for a woman he doesn’t even know.

Hadlee’s character just felt too vulnerable to me. She has panic attacks at the sight of men in gray hoodies but she is more than willing to be around a man who is massively built, a championship fighter, and a member of the Braithreachas Don Saol and she feels completely safe around him.?.?.? I would be running the other way.

I am sorry to say that this wasn’t one of my favorite books.

our thoughts finl

“Take This Man” started out great for me. I was wrapped up into it and ready for it to blow my mind. And at first, it did. I loved that it started out with the night that went too far and it threw me for a loop. It fast forwards a few years and Elyse finds herself back in Summit and right in front of Adam and this is where it kind of lost me.

*Warning… stop reading if you don’t want to know what (kind of) happens.*

What I didn’t understand is, both characters (Adam and Elyse) are furious with each other because how the night ended two years ago. You would think that they could be civil to each other and start rebuilding a relationship first. Nope, SI (sexual intercourse) happens right off the bat. They can’t even make it through dates (or even to begin one) without being together but they still have that anger in them about each other. I, personally, would like to work out the problem that I have with the man first before sleeping with him.

But other than that, this book had some pretty steamy scenes and is worth giving it a try.

name plate miranda

No comments: