Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, September 3

Review On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Complete

Title: On Dublin Street

By: Samantha Young

Self Published August 31st, 2012

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

five books

About the Book:

Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to its core by her new roommate's sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything 'more'. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare... to the very soul.

our thoughts finl

I have a confession. I had lined my Kindle’s carousel up with books that I promised myself I would start and finish before I added any more books to it. And then out of the blue, Jackie emails me “On Dublin Street” synopsis and I broke my promise to myself. I immediately had to read it. Everything else was put on hold and it was worth it. This was the kind of book that I would read past my bed time and then make myself get up early so that I could fit a few chapters in before I headed off to work.

The character Braden was mesmerizing and basically the man of my dreams. I loved how he absolutely adored his little sister Ellie (Joss’s roommate.) He showed her so much love and would give her anything that she could ever dream of if she wanted it and asked. And when he set his eyes on Joss, that is when I feel in love with him. He was patient and willing to work with her, protective, and all around a great guy. He was broody, he was suave, he was loving, he got angry, and best of all, he got super hot. I will just say when you read the section of the break-room, you will know what I am talking about.

Joss’s character was just a tad bit too strong for me. I understand why she is so reserved and stand-offish but there were times where I wanted to shake her and scream “Stop it! Just let the feelings happen! Good things can come from it.”

I liked the sessions with the therapist because it showed Joss in a different light. You got to read about how she truly felt (even when she lied to everyone) and received insight into her past that otherwise wouldn’t be revealed. And because of this, throughout the story, Joss’s character grows with the help of her therapist, Ellie and Braden and it was really nice to see that transformation.

This book showed their relationship in both high and lows. Both Braden and Joss had many witty moments that made me laugh out loud (highs). It was the kind of interaction that every relationship needs. It was also sweet to see how Braden took care of Joss during her panic attacks (lows). How he was there to help her bring herself out of them.

I will say that Ellie was my favorite character. Something about her got under my skin. Joss describes her as this sweet, caring, and fun loving person and to me that is exactly the kind of person that Joss needed to be around to help her poke out of her shell.

I loved the story line of this book. I loved the writing, the characters, basically everything about it. I am pretty sure I emailed Jackie half way through reading this book and said, “We have to read more Samantha Young books….Stat!”

name plate miranda

No comments: