Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, August 12

Review: Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis

pers

Title: Persephone

By: Kaitlin Bevis

Series: Daughter of Zeus Book 1

My Copy: Author Review Ebook

BookWhisperer Rating:

5 button copy

About the Book:

There are worse things than death, worse people too

The “talk” was bad enough, but how many teens get told that they’re a goddess? When her mom tells her, Persephone is sure her mother has lost her mind. It isn’t until Boreas, the god of winter, tries to abduct her that she realizes her mother was telling the truth. Hades rescues her, and in order to safely bring Persephone to the Underworld he marks her as his bride. But Boreas will stop at nothing to get Persephone. Despite her growing feelings for Hades, Persephone wants to return to the living realm. Persephone must find a way to defeat Boreas and reclaim her life.

Reviews Plate

Let me say that I love mythology and I love it when mythology is incorporated into books.  And I especially love it when the author puts their own twist on these classic tales.  So I am here to say that this is exactly what Bevis did and it made my week.

To me the book was good in the very beginning but it took at turn for fantastic when Hades brought Persephone to the Underworld.  The new approach that Bevis took while describing the Underworld made me really enjoy the world that Hades created for the souls.  In this book, he cared for them and while impassive towards their begs to return to the land of the living, he wanted them to have the best after-life (if they were worthy of it.) To me, Bevis wrote the god of the Underworld perfectly.

Persephone was a great character as well (although Hades was my favorite.)  While  she longed to go back to the living realm, she still played the part of the Queen of the Underworld very well.  She makes friends with not only those who are appointed under Hades but the souls as well and when her safety is at stake, she finds that anyone who messes with the Queen, messes with the Underworld.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!  And it has a twist at the end that I didn’t see coming. 

It is a must read in my book and I hope that all of you pick up a copy and devour it like I did. 

Oh, and at the end of my copy, there is a little snippet of the next book and I CANNOT wait!

~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~

Name Plate copy

1 comment:

kaitlinbevis.com said...

Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D