Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, August 8

Review: Tickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Title: Trickster's Girl
By: Hilari Bell
Reading Level: Young Adult Science Fiction Futuristic
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing
My Copy: Review Galley Ebook from Publisher
BookWhisperer Rating:3/5



Book Description:
In the year 2098 America isn't so different from the USA of today. But, in a post-9/11 security-obssessed world, "secured" doesn't just refer to borders between countries, it also refer to borders between states. Teenagers still think they know everything, but there is no cure for cancer, as Kelsa knows first-hand from watching her father die.

The night Kelsa buries her father, a boy appears. He claims magic is responsible for the health of Earth, but human damage disrupts its flow. The planet is dying.

Kelsa has the power to reverse the damage, but first she must accept that magic exists and see beyond her own pain in order to heal the planet.


Review:
Trickster's Girl is the one of very few science fiction genre books that the BookWhisperer has reviewed. I adore supernatural and fantasy, but there is something about science fiction novels that I have trouble grasping. Possibly my inability to read science fiction could be contributed by my lack of enjoyment recieved from futuristic novels. Futhermore, this particular story proved to be difficult with its consistent adolescent feel that accompanies the storyline. My overall suggestion for this novel is that the younger YA readers would be the more receptive audience for this particular publications. The story held a very attractive writing style, and I regretfully have to admit that I struggled to relate and truely enjoy this story. I can say with all honesty, that I believe with more age appropriate novel; I would be in love with this authors work. I see so much potential  that I deeply want to love; my only struggle is the particular story.

No comments: