Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, February 9

Review: A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

Title: A Thousand Letters
By: Staci Hart
My Copy: Ebook from Publisher
The BookWhisperer's Rating:

Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.
 
I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.
 
But now he’s back.
 
I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.
 
Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.
 
One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.
 
What a glorious book!  Everything about the characters, the plot, all of it; it was just glorious. 
 
I felt the love, the hatred, the passion, and the resentment oozing off the pages when Elliot and Wade were in the same room.  All the emotions one could have were felt regarding their past relationship and their broken one now.  This doesn’t include the tear-jerking story of Wade’s father sudden illness.  This throws Wade in Elliot back into each other’s lives and releases all sorts of chaos; some bad and some beautiful.
 
I would say that my favorite part throughout the book was the development of Elliot and her strength.  So sweet and loving, Elliot cares for her niece and nephew and stands by her friends through thick and thin but she has one (somewhat) flaw…letting people walk all over her (I’m looking at you Mary and her dad.)  And this (somewhat) flaw is so necessary to the story.  Reading that Elliot realizes that it is the problem of the person, not her, that puts her down really struck a chord with me.  Why fight when nothing is going to change a person and slowly Elliot realizes that fighting doesn’t have to happen but making your voice be heard does have to happen. I literally cheered!
 
Such a beautiful story is contained within these pages and I encourage to you read them. To give you a little push, I leave you with this:
 
“My heart has been yours as long as it’s been beating.  It’ll be yours until its beats its last.”

Buy Links:
Links:
Twitter: @imaquirkybird
Instagram: @quirkybird

No comments: