Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, January 25

Review: Casanova by Emma Hart

Title: Casanova
By: Emma Hart
My Copy: Ebook from Publisher
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

Once upon a time, I loved him.
He broke me and he didn't even know it.
I ran from him.
He didn't chase me.
He never needed to, because he knew I'd come back.
He was right.
Death brought me home to him.
Brett Walker.
Drop dead gorgeous and filthy-mouthed with a smile that turns saints to sinners.
A casanova to his core.
My ex-best friend.
And the bad boy whose reputation precedes him—the same reputation I'm tasked with turning to gold... Or so they think.
Revenge is a dish best served cold, after all...



While I have loved Emma Hart in the past, this book was difficult for me to fully throw myself into.  Starting out a tad bit slow, you learn that Lani is back in her hometown due to her grandmother’s death and she stays because of the pending arrival of her soon to be niece.  However, nothing can prepare her for the love and hate she feels for Brett Walker when he walks right back into her life.

Like I said earlier, it starts out slow and gradually builds over the course of the chapters.  But for me it never hit that peak where it hit the top of the rollercoaster and zipped down at full speed, leaving me giddy with glee. 

While I liked Lani and Brett they didn’t feel right being together for me.  I felt like a lot of their interactions were less than mature.  For instance, as much as Lani said she despised Brett, she found herself constantly around him and putting up with his annoying ways.  And Brett was labeled a playboy/Casanova throughout the book but he really didn’t portray that label to me.  To add on, we have two big revelations that are building throughout the pages and I wanted-needed to know what they were.  However, when the truth came out, it felt like it fell flat.  I was left feeling like I missed something; that it should have been bigger or I just didn’t get the truth and why it was so damaging. 


Casanova was a fun and quick read but I think I was hoping for something different and didn’t get exactly what I was wanting.

LINKS


No comments: