Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, July 13

Review: Broken Prince by Erin Watt

Review: Broken Prince
By: Erin Watt
Series: The Royals #2
My Copy: Ebook from Publisher
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

These Royals will ruin you…

From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself.

Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.

What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.

Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.

She might be right.

Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.


In my Paper Princess review (book one) I had a massive meltdown and then explained why I loved it so much and how wonderful it was and then stated that the ending rocked me to my core because, well, Brooke and Reed so now here I am sitting at my computer and basically feeling the same way about Broken Prince and again, I hope that I can type a coherent review.

At the beginning we have Reed’s side of what will forever be known as “the incident” involving Brooke (horrible, horrible Brooke.)  And throughout the first few chapters, Reed is our main character because Ella is gone and while you are kind of infuriated with him, you still kind of love him and the entire Royal family even though they are deteriorating without Ella.  So the story commences with twists and turns, threats and fights, anger and hatred, and maybe a little love.  And then bring on the ending…another freaking explosion of feelings and pure shock.  *looks around…where is my stupid time machine.  I need October here now!*

Now I don’t want to ruin anything for you so I am going to leave my thoughts about the my love for the book as is but I would like to talk about Erin Watt’s (Jen and Elle) insane ability to write such addicting books.  Their skills separately are fantastic but their skills together rocket out of this world.  All of the characters in this series represent at least one person that you know, making this imaginary world a little more real.  Also, their writing can either make you love someone, even though you shouldn’t, or absolutely hate them.  I can’t seem to get enough of Reed and Easton and while I should probably hate them, I can’t.  I just can’t.  Jen and Elle can also set up a scene like no other.  They might have twisted minds to think of this crazy and insane world in which the Royals live but I love them for it and applaud warped world they have brought to life.

So I’ll just sit here, not patiently, and wait for Twisted Palace. *tick-tock, tick-tock* Is it time yet?  

No comments: