Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, June 5

Review: Dirty Sexy Secret by Nazarea Andrews

Title: Dirty Sexy Secret
By: Nazarea Andrews
My Copy: Ebook by Publisher
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

Even when you know better….
There are a million reasons why Hazel Campton is off limits: she’s a journalist. I’m a cop. Oh, and she’s my foster sister.
My secret is I didn’t care. I haven’t stopped wanting her since I slept with her the night before she left.
She’s trouble. Always has been.

It’s hard to resist the thing you’ve always wanted…
Growing up with Brandon Archer means I know him. Good. Bad. Everything in between.
It’s just never mattered.
My secret? That night. The one I stole, that’s kept me from Archer and Green County, for four years.
Now I’m home, and nothing has changed. Except me. And not in the way that means a damn thing.
Because I still want him.

Everything can change with a knock at the door…
Secrets. Everyone has them. Archer. Me. This town.
Perfection only runs surface deep in Green County. When there’s a knock at me door, it’s a familiar face all covered in danger, and all those secrets we hide? They’re about to come tumbling out.



EEEPPP!  I have waited and longed for this book and I didn't even know how much I needed it until I finished it last night.  There is so much happening in this story that I am going to break it down into two sections but also leave out any spoilers because I want you to experience the greatness like I did.

First section, the plot:  Amazing is the only word that I need to say.  N can seriously plot out some intricate tales and weave all of their goodness together for our personal enjoyment and discovery as readers. 

For instance, the back-story to Hazel, Archer, and Eli was so intriguing that I found myself immediately in love with all three characters and craved for the time when they would find happiness because life kinda owed it to them.  However, life doesn’t get that memo.

This book isn't just about a girl named Hazel who shouldn't love a boy named Archer and their struggle as they grow up still craving each other.  This is about so much more than their forbidden love.  The underlying story is dark and brilliant and interweaves itself throughout the whole town, bringing it all together in the end with a promise of more to come.

Second section, the characters:  Archer = holy moly hot and Eli is not far behind.  Both are wonderful characters that held their own throughout the story and each containing a huge amount of intrigue.  They have always been protectors of Hazel and are now protectors of Green County, serving as detectives.  Their world gets knocked out of orbit by Hazel’s return home and a multi-homicide case.  Hazel, a reporter, gets pulled into the dark story of the county (not willing) and is on the case due to the threats on her family's lives. So, yeah, a corrupt county, a gritty story, and forbidden loves (yep, plural!) make this book one of favorites by N. 


I don't think I have come across a book from N that made me just feel - reread that sentence because I said, "just feel." N’s books make me feel beyond a level of just feel.  In DSS, I felt like I was in the mix of everything.  How N wrote these characters made me feel like I was inside of them, living their lives, feeling their fear and their wants.  I was experiencing these heart-pounding moments when things got intense and things got intense!  So someone hand this women a trophy...no, for real, hand it to her because she deserves it for this book and for every book she has written and more than likely every book she will ever write.

No comments: