Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, November 3

Review: Scenes from the City by Penny Reid

Title: Scenes from the City
By: Penny Reid
Series: Knitting in the City
My Copy: Amazon.com
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

This book cannot be read as a standalone. It is a collection of short scenes following the ladies from the 'Knitting in the City' series.
'Neanderthal Seeks Honeymoon' - Janie and Quinn
'Friends Definitely With Benefits' - Elizabeth and Nico
'Hacking the Hacker' - Sandra and Alex
'Beauty and the Beard' - Ashley and Drew
'Ninja at First Sight' - Fiona and Greg

So there is not so much of a synopsis but that doesn’t mean that it was anything less than what I was expecting.  Again, Penny Reid blew me away with her amazing mind, writing, and characters. Each small snippet lets you inside each couple’s world to view their love and admiration for each other.


The first four short stories are about characters we already know and love.  The fifth story is a little introduction about Fiona and Greg, which I found myself madly in love with already.  I don’t know if I will be able to wait for the novella in December, let alone the wait for the actual book.  Sometimes, with books like these and author likes these, I wish I could build a time machine to grab the books and then come back to the present.

No comments: