Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, August 9

Review: Written on my Heart by Cole Gibsen

Title: Written on my Heart
By: Cole Gibsen
My Copy: Netgalley.com
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

It's been six months since Ashlyn Daniels was kicked out of her home. Six months since she stood up to her abusive stepfather and got a busted rib—and seeing all her things set ablaze in a backyard bonfire—for her trouble. Never going back. She doesn't need trouble...especially if trouble is tattoo artist Lane Garrett, who's six-feet-plus of tattooed hotness and a complete ass.

Lane has spent the last decade fighting to support his family. To protect them. There's no room for romance, even with a fragile (yet amusingly feisty) stunner...even if she somehow manages to invade his world and his heart.

But while some secrets are as visible as ink on the skin, others must remain hidden at all costs...

Sometimes it is hard breaking out of your comfort shell and reading new authors.  Especially when you have a back log of books from authors love and can’t wait to crack open. I find myself asking, “Will I like their book? Will I like their writing?”  It always seems like a gamble sometimes…but this gamble totally paid off.

The last two books that I read before Written on my Heart were so not what I was wanting.  I couldn’t even write a review for them so I found myself elated when I opened this book and started reading. 


Ashlyn is kinda hard-core.  She grew up in a bad family situation and found herself homeless the moment she stood up for herself.  Her character is basically the poster child for the saying, “The struggle is real.”  And to make life even more complicated, enter Lane.  Now, Lane, on the other hand, is just pure sexiness.  He is protective of his family and somehow the intriguing Ashlyn has wiggled her way into his protectiveness circle.  Both know that they should stay away from each other but neither can and all kinds of disasters run amuck.  But even with hidden secrets and drama-filled families, this is a really sweet story about learning how to trust and how to love.

No comments: