Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, July 10

Review: Bleeding Love by Harper Sloan

Title: Bleeding Love
By: Harper Sloan
Series: Hope Town #2
My Copy: Ebook from Publisher
The BookWhisperer's Rating: 

I've loved once. I gave everything that I had to that love. Blindly believing that nothing could ever take that feeling away from me. Away from us. And when my little world of happiness was ripped from my fingers, I felt a loss that still haunts me to this day.

Now I use that lingering grief as a shield to keep my heart from loving again. It's that fear that keeps me from letting anyone, except my daughter, get close enough to make it hurt. To make my heart bleed when I inevitably lose again.

Until the day I met Liam Beckett and everything I thought I had protected myself from was shoved back in my face.

He's on a mission to prove to me that a love worth having is a love worth fighting for.

I’m just going to come on out and say it, “I think this is Harper Sloan’s best book yet.”  I have read her Corps Security books and have yet to read the first book in this series Unexpected Fate, but I still (as of now) say that this is her best book.

To me, this book had a hint of Kristen Ashley in it.  And since you all know what big (HUGE) KA fans that we are, you know I loved every bit of the book.

I found myself very emotionally invested into the two and a half main characters: Liam, Megan, and Megan’s pint size daughter Molly.  I actually cried throughout the book when I got to certain scenes.  I literally had to put down my phone while I was at lunch so none of my co-workers would walk in and wonder why I was getting all misty-eyed. 


While Bleeding Love had its ups and downs in the emotion department, it also showed the great strength and perseverance that each character had.  Megan had a pretty bad childhood and her best friend Jack saved her from all of it and to make matters worse, she lost Jack.  Liam sees something in Megan that she doesn’t even know that she has; strength but she has lost her will to be alive.  His goal is to get her to realize how strong she truly is, how precious life is, and how to open up and love again. 

No comments: