Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, May 7

Review: Opulence by Angelica Chase

Title: Opulence
By: Angelica Chase
Series: The Excess Book #1
My Copy: Ebook from Netgalley for Honest Review
BookWhisperer Rating:


When I was twenty-eight years old, I wrote my own winning lottery ticket. A simple idea thrust me onto the fast track to wealth, and into a world I had only ever dreamt about. I submerged myself in the unfamiliar, a life that seemed all too alluring … until it lost its appeal.

I made my fortune, built my castle, and then exiled myself within its comforts once reality set in.

Far too late, I discovered I was drowning in a sea of hungry sharks. Given the choice to sink or swim, I chose the latter … and it cost me everything.

Devin McIntyre, the most dangerous shark of them all, was the last nail in my na├»ve coffin. His beautiful smile and amazing cock tainted me in ways I could have never imagined. 

I craved him. I needed him. I loved him.

Miserable with the outcome of my prosperity, I set out to change what disgusted me most—the first decision being to rid myself of Devin. Little did I know that taking that first step would make me a slave to a man far more tempting … or that my addiction to Devin would threaten to ruin it all.


Opulence is very much a hot and steamy erotica. Be aware it is more of a serial than novel. In regards to the story it was a quick and sultry read. I am quickly finding the number of serial novels frustrating, because they are so short and end up costing so much. Nina has spent her life learning that money is the root of all evil. Once she found her way to make millions she learned even better the evil that lays behind money. After having swore off men and their dirty greedy little fingers she thrown into a tailspin after meeting Ayden. This is a intense and dominate relationship at best, and I found it to be a thrilling roller coaster. If you do not like major cliffhangers you will hate this one, as it is, the alpha omega of all cliffhangers. It successfully grabbed my attention, and now I am curious for the what is next, but I am yet again dreading the serials aspect of the series. That just lets me know from the gate I am in for a slow moving story line that will take me five installments to really see any growth.

No comments: