Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, July 6

Review: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Title: Outlander
By: Diana Gabaldon
Series: Outlander #1
My Copy: Amazon.com
BookWhisperer's Rating: 

The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon--when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient stone circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach--an "outlander"--in a Scotland torn by war and raiding Highland clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into intrigues and dangers that may threaten her life...and shatter her heart. For here she meets James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, and becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire...and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.


I remember years ago, I was sitting at a table with one of my best friend’s mother and she started telling me about this book called Outlander and how I need to read it because it was amazing.  I didn’t read it at that time because I was in college and had no time to read anything for myself and I actually forgot all about it.  Fast forward to a year ago, my best friend started to tell me how amazing this book was and that I needed to read it so I put it on the back burner and thought that I would get to it soon.  Well let me just admit how dumb I am, SO DUMB!  I could have gobbled this series up years ago if only I would have listened to my best friend’s mother…or I could have tore through it a year ago if I had only listened to my best friend. But I didn’t and I just now decided to read it and all I have to say is, “WOW!”

I can’t tell you how sucked in I became while reading this book.  While I was at work, all I could think about was when I could read this book.  While I was working out, all I could think about was when I could read this book.  SUCKED IN!  I’m not kidding when I say this has all you could ask for: drama, action, lust, love, revenge, history, re-connecting, joy, sadness, good times, horrible times, healing times, you name it, it is in this book.  Absolutely amazing!

There is no way I could break down this wonderful story for you.  The only things that I could say are:
1.     This story takes you on a journey.  What a magnificent journey it becomes!
2.     Jamie Fraser will become your new book boyfriend the moment you meet him.  He will then proceed to ruin any real life guy in your world because he is so great.
3.     Jamie’s love is like no other love I have ever read.

Side note: My best friend’s mother is subscribing to Starz just so that we can watch the TV show that begins in August…that is how terrific it is!


I will leave you with this…Jamie and Claire, what a wonderful love they have. 


No comments: