Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, March 23

Countless Classics Review: The Call of the Wild by Jack London


Title: The Call of the Wild
By: Jack London
My Copy: Amazon.com
BookWhisperer's Rating: 

First published in 1903, The Call of the Wild is regarded as Jack London's masterpiece. Based on London's experiences as a gold prospector in the Canadian wilderness and his ideas about nature and the struggle for existence, The Call of the Wild is a tale about unbreakable spirit and the fight for survival in the frozen Alaskan Klondike.


The Call of the Wild is labeled as a classic and I could see why after I finished the book.  Buck has a wonderful life, patrolling the land of his owner and following the kids around until one day he follows the wrong person.

At first, I really was having a hard time getting into the book solely based on the fact that I wanted nothing bad to happen to Buck.  It was hard to read the struggles that Buck had to endure.  But the best thing was how Jack London really made me love, connect, grieve for Buck who is a dog.  A DOG! Usually, I get attached to a character, a human being, while reading a book but I was immediately in love with Buck. 

Throughout this book, I read the all of the horrid thing that happen to Buck and I honestly lost hope for him.  All I could think about is how was Buck going to preserve not knowing how humans truly work?  How in the world will he ever learn to trust after the man in the red sweater?  How will he survive?  Amazing enough, Buck struggles just like us humans.  Bad things happen, some people are unkind and cruel, and life is a struggle constantly without any reprieve.  But amazing, he survives, he learns to trust and love again, his life becomes better, and he finally learns the true meaning to his being, a wild animal.




No comments: