Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, January 29

Review: The Thrill of It by Lauren Blakely

Title: The Thrill of It
By: Lauren Blakely
My Copy: Ebook for Review
BookWhisperer Rating:




Some say love can be an addiction. Others say it's the thing that makes life worth living. Let me tell you everything I know about love...Love isn't patient, love isn't kind. Love is a game, a chase. A thrill. Love is wild and war-like, and every man and woman must fight for themselves. At least that's how it was for me. A high-priced virgin call girl by the time I started college, I was addicted to love and to sex. Even though I've never had either. I controlled love, played it, and held the world in the palm of my hands. Then I fell down from those highs, and I'm being blackmailed for all my mistakes, forced to keep secrets from everyone, except the only guy I don't regret.

Trey...

With all the other women, I knew what they were. They were temporary. They were pills, they were bottles, they took away all the pain, and numbed the awful memories that wore down my ragged, wasted heart. Until I met Harley. She's the only girl I ever missed when she walked away. But now she's back in my life, every day, and there are no guarantees for us, especially since I don't know how to tell her my secrets. What happened to my family. All I know is she's the closest I've ever come to something real, and I want to feel every second of it.

How can you love with no regrets when regret is all you know?

What a horrible Mother???? Harley's mother in this story makes me sick. As a Mother of a young girl I could not even imagine any Mother that would push her child toward guys. Worse is that she attempts to instill such traits even before she was an appropriate age. My heart poured out for this young woman that is living the consequences of what she has been taught. That being said there comes a point when anyone can determine right from wrong, so I don't know that I truly feel that her mother pushed her to, for lack of a better word, prostitution. Though I do feel that her Mother taught the characteristic need for love. She was trained from the start to find companionship for happiness, and it is also essential for Sex to accompany this relations. This behavior has not only taught Harley a very unhealthy behavior of codependency, but she has also scarred this young girl by causing feeling of being adequate. With the progression of the story this did not seem to improve. If anything it worsened up to the world shifting climax that shows this woman for her true colors. This Mother continues to leave me appalled at each turn, and I cringed with anxiety every time this young woman step back in the direction of her past. From the start Trey is a bright light in this dimmed world, and I am rooting for the two of them the duration of of the story. If I wasn't distraught enough over the actions of Harley's Mom; I was completely blown away when I discover the when and why of Harley's blackmail. This Mother does not deserve, nor appreciate the devotion of this young woman not matter what her wrong choices were. This is a horrible display of parenting, and a very depressing story line. It does prove to create quite an intriguing story, but please be forewarned that this not an easy light entertaining read. Readers should prepare themselves for the suspenseful and vile story that it truly is.  




No comments: