Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, November 11

Review: Real Ugly by C.M. Stunich

Title: Real Ugly
By: C.M. Stunich
Series: Hard Rock Roots #2
My Copy: Ebook for Review
BookWhisperer Rating:





Turner Campbell is an asshole.
I f*cking hate him.
But I can't get enough either.

He sings like an angel and f*cks like a devil.
If I could, I'd run away and never look back because to tell you the truth, I think this man might be the death of me.

& & &

Naomi Knox is a bitch.
I can't f*cking stand her.
But I can't stop thinking about her either.
She looks like an angel and plays like a devil.
If I could, I'd f*ck her good and forget all about her, but to tell you the truth, I think this woman might be my last saving grace.

My Oh My! This was quite a ride. Real Ugly is the debut novel for this Hard Rock Roots series. These people are so very different than anything I have ever read before. This seemingly Emo novel was a very enlightening read for someone with a drastically different personality. I spent much of the story alternating between responses. Honestly, in the end I am stuck with the indifferent conclusion. Naomi and Turner are messed up. There is no glimmer to this rock and roll lifestyle. Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll is their lives in its entirety. Yes, this romance was bitter sweet... Yes, this was HOT... Yes, I liked the story, but this was almost mind blowing. Both of these bands are a bunch of truly screwed up people. I read some reviews that explained these are real people with real problems, but I can't say that I agree. You have one damaged person that has blood on her hands. That alone I could definitely roll with. Then, you have Hayden's development, as well as, Turner seemingly natural acceptance of the situation which is also very unnatural. In my mind this is quite the Mystery Romance, and I enjoyed it immensely from a distance. It was not something that totally wrapped me up in the pages, but has definitely peaked my interest and left me with a undeniable cliff hanger that I must see through. 

No comments: