Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, November 4

Review: On Every Street by Karina Halle

Title: On Every Street
By: Karina Halle
Series: The Artist Trilogy #0.5
My Copy: Ebook from Author for Review
BookWhisperer Rating:

When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart in a heated battle against her deep need for revenge, no one will walk away from this con a winner.
I am reading this following the completion of Sins & Needles. Yet again, I am captivated by this story line and intrigued by Halle's style. I say this because it honestly takes me a minute to determine my personal feeling about her writings. This is solely due to her brutal honesty, and unyielding ability to lay out all of the cards. She is a no frills straight down and dirty writer, and at moments this raw and volatile honesty could be perceived a variety of ways. I have moments of overwhelming love for her characters with counter moments of fear and disgust. From one moment to the next I am unsure of what will come next for her talents leave the story far from predictable. Ellie, or Eden, and Javier are not your lovable characters; and readers will be tested to see all of the layers to their personalities. Upon conclusion of this story I am even more confused about the future of this series, and I am now torn between the two characters. I don't know if that was the intended ending to this prequel, but it has left me confused and uncertain from the conclusion I had following Sins & Needles. This is a tough author, and while I like that I don't know that I always interpret her story correctly. I look forward to jumping right into Shooting Scars, and seeing just where this story will end up. 


No comments: