Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, November 2

Review: Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy #1) by M. Pierce

Title: Night Owl
By: M. Pierce
Series: The Night Owl Trilogy
My Copy: Amazon.com
Book Whisperer's Rating: 


Love is unstoppable...

At twenty-eight, Matt Sky has the perfect life. He has a beautiful girlfriend, a massive inheritance, and four national bestsellers -- all penned under his airtight alias, M. Pierce.

At twenty-seven, Hannah Catalano has a train wreck. Her boyfriend is a deadbeat and her job is abysmal.

Matt and Hannah meet online as writing partners. Their relationship is safe, anonymous, and innocent...

Until Matt sees a picture of Hannah.

Hannah's picture sparks an attraction Matt is powerless to ignore. When circumstance brings Matt and Hannah together, the strangers begin a love story that's passionate, poignant, unforgettable, and unstoppable.


I am flabbergasted by this book because of its greatness and some parts that made me scratch my head (there is more greatness than head scratching though...a lot more greatness.) 

I don’t think I have ever experienced a love for a couple’s connection without the author presenting romance into the story.  Let me restate this, the author did not write a romantic book.  Matt does not wine and dine and woo Hannah; it is the feelings of lust and possession that starts and holds this relationship together.  A relationship like this shouldn’t work in general but Pierce made it work for Matt and Hannah.

The author, to me, wrote Matt as the main character of this plot and he overpowered Hannah’s character but oddly enough, it worked out.  Matt was such an interesting person to read about that I didn’t mind not really getting to know Hannah; I wanted to know more about Matt.

And I did; I found out a lot about Matt midway through the book that just astounded me.  One minute, Matt is the dominating character and the next minute I got to witness him in such a vulnerable state that it made me feel more for Matt than I would with most characters. 

This book turned out like nothing that I expected it to be; such a complete surprise.  It was quite witty, a lot of sexy, and tons of dirty talk.  And the epilogue…well done M. Pierce, well done!  

No comments: