Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, November 1

Review: Far Shore by Traci L Slatton

Title: Far Shore
By: Traci L Slatton
Series: After Trilogy #3
My Copy: Ebook from Netgalley
BookWhisperer Rating:

An old enemy wreaks new havoc at the end of the world…

After the mists’ lethal apocalypse, mankind’s only hope for survival lies broken and battered, the prisoner of a ruthless sociopath who will stop at nothing to hurt him. Emma sets out to rescue him. She faces an ultimatum and must relinquish everything she holds dear. As Arthur teeters on the brink of life and death, Emma’s healing ability fails. Her own despair tests her, and she must grow stronger than she ever dreamt possible as she confronts the truth of her own heart.

In a time of apocalyptic despair, love is put to the test…

A mystical odyssey, a haunting love...

How do you love something, so much and then accept it is just gone. This series has had me on a hook for days. I raced through all three books without a second to lose. Books one and two had me riveted, and captivated by this post apocalyptic love story. It is a mystery and adventure that I never wanted to stop. Far Shore is the most recent, and last book for the trilogy. I had such high expectations for this book, and it just did not seem to meet them. There is a very big difference from shocking readers, and just plain changing the course unrealistically. This story was that for me. I could not accept, nor would I want to accept the direction that this story took me. I feel like I was built up so high in the beginning of this series, and the bottom seems to have fallen right out from underneath me. Emma and Robert jump some major hurdles in this book. I was anxious to find how she would miraculously save him, but I was disappointed to see the unfolding. These special powers that have developed in the After we accepted, and a touch of super natural, but I think this story lost me right about the time Emma shot electricity from her hands. More importantly, I was even further pushed away with the development between her and Alessi. There is no way that a normal average person would have her life ripped into shreds over the past few years by a man vengeance for her lover, and even on the loneliest night fall into the arms of said Psychopath. That is not going to happen, and I was furious with that turn of events to this story. Lastly, I was irritated to see the further development of persons included in the story in love with Emma. We now have four people to date that love this woman. This is a bit of over kill, and I can't do it. While I loved the previous two books in this series. I felt as though this book crushed it for me. I HATE giving bad reviews, and I HATE discouraging, but I am lacking anything positive to add in this story. I don't know exactly where, but I feel this story went very wrong in this last book. 


No comments: