Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, September 29

Review: Carter Reed by Tijan

 carter reed

Title: Carter Reed

By: Tijan

My Copy: Ebook for Review

Bookwhisperer Rating:

four_books_thumb

 

Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by the boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect her. Carter Reed. He’s a weapon for the rivaling mafia family, but he’s also Emma’s secret. Not only was he best friends with her brother, but she’s the reason he became that weapon in the first place.

our thoughts CARTER REED!!! I have been chomping at the bit to get started on this book. I usually try to avoid reading reviews on most books that I am going to read, so that I don’t learn all the spoilers or misinterpretations, but this book I just couldn’t seem to stay away. Everyone was raving about this book, and I just had to read them. So, here is my interpretation! Can I have a Carter Reed, please!! This character was amazing. Perfectly dark and dangerous to peak interest, and wonderfully lovable and sexy to make every reader fall in love with him. The entire story surrounds the volatile nature of mob life. No peaches and sunshine here. Emma is the female lead, and I have to admit a certain distaste for her character. I hate to be the barer of bad news, but this is where I felt the reviews steer us wrong. I was quickly tiring of her fating and pity, and found her hard to relate. For someone that was so brave to immediately respond by killing a man I expected much more out of her when dropped into Carter’s world. I know that she eventually overcomes, but I have to say that I felt these traits lasted way to long for my liking. This story seemed very lengthy, and I felt for a moment about midway that we were wondering aimlessly without direction. This could be very much due to the pace transition. From page one this story is flying through the story, kicking butt and taking names, for lack of a better phrase. Then, all of a sudden it crawls through mid story. I think this leaves the impression of dragging through when in reality it is not all that long of a section. I do feel that this pulls away from the story a bit, because you are allowed time to get distracted and bored. All in all I have to say that this was a good; very intriguing and captivating, but some of that strength was lost with this small aspects of the story. I would be very interested in seeing other titles by this author before judging her style, but from what I see here I am eagerly anticipating some raw talent.

jackie name plate

No comments: