Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, August 1

Review: Eyes Wide Open by Raine Miller

Title: Eyes Wide Open
By: Raine Miller
Series: Blackstone Affair Book 3
My Copy: Ebook from Netgalley
BookWhisperer Rating:

The third part in The Blackstone Affair series: A love on the brink of being destroyed. The fight of a lifetime to keep it alive.
Big surprises are on the horizon for Ethan and Brynne as they struggle to adjust to what life has thrown at them. Demons from the past are threatening to destroy the passionate bond they’ve forged despite their vow that nothing will ever keep them apart. A truly devastating loss coupled with the promise of a new hope opens their eyes to what is most important, but is it possible for the lovers to move on from the painful histories that continue to haunt them? A stalker is still lurking in the shadows, plotting evil amidst the distraction of the 2012 Olympic games in London. Brynne and Ethan are on the cusp of losing everything as the stakes rise. Will they yield to circumstances beyond their control or will they give every ounce of fight they have left to save each other and win the ultimate prize of a life together?

This is the third book of the Blackstone Affair series. I have followed this series from the start, but I have to admit that I am becoming fairly concerned with the direction of this series. What started as a tragic story wrapped up in an unstoppable romance; has become quite a taxing read. As a fan of Ethan and Brynne is breaks my heart to find myself coming against an obstacle in this journey. While Brynne has a much deserved reason for emotion in this story I am struggling with her on again off again mentality. Just when it appears that they are both on the same page she begins experience another emotional breakdown. This was the duration of this novel, and I find myself at overwhelmed with this up and down roller coaster that seems to appear in everyone of these novels. I hope that I do not give the wrong impression, because the story line is successful in this novel as well. I am not trying to hate on the story in it's entirety. Although, I might see myself coming to a close with this series; if typical repetition continues. ~BookWhisperer Reviewer JO~

No comments: