Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, August 13

Review: Bring Me Home (Shattered #3) by Cassia Leo



Title: Bring Me Home
By: Cassia Leo
Series: Shattered #3
My Copy: Ebook from Author
Book Whisperer's Rating:



"Sometimes letting someone go is the ultimate act of love."

Claire Nixon is a college student with a past full of secrets and heartbreak. She was saved once by her first love, and rock star, Chris Knight. But when she encouraged Chris to leave town to pursue his dreams, both Claire and Chris didn’t realize it would be the biggest mistake of their lives.

After a devastating year apart and thousands of miles of distance between them, Claire met sexy surfer Adam Parker. With his awful jokes and profound patience, he helped Claire pick up the shattered pieces of her broken heart for the second time.

But now Chris has returned and he is willing and determined to make Claire’s dreams come true—the same way she did for him when she let him go.

With Adam’s former girlfriend in the picture, Claire finds herself torn between the new, passionate love she shares with Adam and the love and family she shares with Chris.



What an ending to an unforgettable series.  I have shared the life of Claire, Adam, and Chris for so long that I am not for sure what I am going to do without them. 

Spoiler time so don’t read if you haven’t read the third installment yet…

It is very rare that I root for the different guy.  In this series, most people would probably root for Claire and Chris to be together and live that happily ever after lifes however, when I started the third book, I wanted Claire and Adam to make it.  I thought that their connections in the first two books showed that they could be a wonderful couple that can pull each other out from the depths of their depression.  I was so angry when this turned the other way.  I kept reading and thinking, “No! Adam and Claire, not Chris and Claire!” And then something happened, don’t ask me what, to where I fully accepted Claire and Chris together in the end.  It was beautiful and heartbreaking to see how their lives circled around each other and what they meant to the other.  Claire and Adam had a wonderful relationship but Claire and Chris were the perfect couple.  Leo did such a great job making me want one thing in the beginning and then craving the opposite in the end. 

Like the second book, the third is very emotional.  Chris and Claire grow tremendously as characters regarding their relationship, maturity, and their love for Abby.  The good and the bad are both heartbreaking.  I think with everything considered, Leo made the perfect ending for them.

Now on to Adam…I didn’t like where it started out for him in the beginning.  I felt as if he needed something better, someone better but to my surprise I really liked how his story ended as well.  Leo did wrap a nice little bow around all the characters making it a complete ending to this wonderful trilogy.

1 comment:

Mary Lowery said...

It wasn't the way I wanted it....but that being said I'm ok with it. The book is so well written it kept me reading even though I swore I wouldn't read it if she went back with Chris! Cassia is an amazing author....I love her books! :)