Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, July 15

Review: Rocked by Clara Bayard

rocked

Title: Rocked

By: Clara Bayard

Series: Rocked Series Book 1

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books

She's dreaming of a life of excitement and romance.
When rising rock star Joe Hawk wanders into the diner where Liss works her dark night is brightened by his incredibly blue eyes and sexy smile. The attraction is immediate and every moment is charged with erotic heat.
He's searching for something real.
The first impression is easy. Taking the next step is much harder. The plus sized beauty has to overcome her insecurities to take a risk on a man whose life is the opposite of everything she's ever known and changing faster than either of them realizes.
From the first electric touch their chemistry is undeniable and the possibilities are endless.

our thoughtsRocked has a very saucy cover that will have you hooked from the first glance. The book description that followed promised of a hot and steamy romance. While I found Rocked to be a very good story; I don't know that it was everything it had promised me. All the while, I really did like Liss and Joe's characters, but felt that they could have been further developed. They are real and intriguing and the romance is entertaining to say the least, but I felt that this story was packed full of raw potential and just missed it a bit here and there. I understand this being the first book in the series that this can change in the blink of an eye. I highly anticipate the continuation of this series to skyrocket. I hope that this author will continue growing confidence and strength. I want to see The Rocked series blow me away, and I hope that this was a slow starter that leaves readers demanding more. Being a very short story authors have a difficult task in starting a strong story without rushing, and that is exactly the predicament that I find myself in with this story. I believe that in efforts to tell the story the corners that may have been cut cost some very important detail of the story line.

jackie name plate

No comments: