Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, July 18

Review: Frigid by J. Lynn

frigid

Title: Frigid

By: J. Lynn

My Copy: Ebook from Amazon

BookWhisperer Rating:

five_books_thumb

For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.
Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.
But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.

our thoughts

I have waited for this book. I have counted down the days until the release. You know BookWhisperer loves Jennifer Armentrout’s books so you know this was super high on our priority list to read.

Jackie and I bought the book in hopes that it got released early and on Monday morning when I turned on my iPad and opened my Kindle app, I about had a heart attack….IT WAS THERE FOR ME TO READ! It was like Christmas and my birthday all wrapped up into one day. Every bit of waiting and every minute of lost sleep was completely worth it because this book was amazing. I started Frigid last night around 5pm, went to a work out class, and then came back to finish it up around 1am. I am pretty sure that my work suffered today, but I don’t care.

Syd and Kyler were amazing together. Even as friends, they have this perfect chemistry that sucked me in. Each have feelings for each other but neither will express them but the tension between them is insurmountable. To top it off, they get stuck in a snow storm together and this makes them generate some heat to warm up….oh yeah! J

What I absolutely loved about this book:

Both characters were awesome and down to earth.

There were fights and there were make-ups.

Every scene with them in it was the best but the one that ranks highest on my list was the sunroom scene…..for real J. Lynn?! That scene was smokin’ hot!

How Kyler cared and looked out for Syd made my heart skip a beat. He was so protective of her and knew how amazing she was that the thought that no one would be good for his Syd, including him.
How Syd longed for Kyler’s love but thought that he would never be interested in a girl like her.

I also loved the fact that towards the end, their friendship was tested (to the max) and it was a struggle for me to not break down because I knew that they were perfect together but lies and revenge got in the way. (I don’t want to give away what happens so I am keeping my mouth shut on this topic.)

It is so hard to express how truly deeply we love some authors, but J Lynn has leveled out at the top of our BookWhisperer Favorites list. Every new story is emotionally powerful and smoking hot. It is a never ending vicious system of much anticipated waits; only to get the story and race through it in mere hours. Anyone that has not experienced this author talented and splendor is a sin. Therefore, that leaves Miranda and I yet again in the wait for more. More heart stopping and gut wrenching stories that will rip our heart out with each and every page.

jackie name platemiranda name plate

No comments: