Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, July 6

Review: Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille

Title: Against the Ropes
By: Sarah Castille
My Copy: Ebook from Netgalley
Book Whisperer's Rating: 



He scared me. He thrilled me. And after one touch, all I could think about was getting more…

Makayla never thought she’d set foot in an underground mixed-martial arts club. But if anyone needs a medic on hand, it’s these guys. Trouble is, at her first sight of the club’s owner she’s the one feeling breathless.

All sleek muscle and restrained power, the man they call Torment plays to win at any cost. Whether it’s in the ring or in the bedroom, he knows exactly when to use a soft touch and when to launch a full-on assault. He always knows just how far he can push. And he’s about to tempt Makayla in ways she never imagined…


Against the Ropes was a love/hate relationship for me throughout the book. I loved the plot of an underground MMA club needing a medic on hand after their fights and Makayla being just the girl to take the position, however, she has this huge aversion to violence and while I understand that she needs the money, she doesn’t seem to really think through what she is seeing.  Every time there is a fight, she gets physically sick.  If I were her, I would find another part time job but I guess if she did we wouldn’t get to meet Torment (Max.)

I did really like Max’s character, even though he led a crazy double life.  He brought the most maturity in the situations that Makayla got herself into.  And for some reason, anything bad that could happen to Makayla, did happen to Makayla.  It would have been less stress for Max if he just locked her in his house to keep her safe. 

So basically, I liked Max.  I liked that he was an MMA fighter (sexy), that he was willing to fall in love with Makayla even though she was not the same him, that he was protective, and all around a good guy.  While I didn’t like Makayla and some of the unbelievable situations that happened, I still liked the book.

No comments: