Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, March 25

Review: Arouse by Nina Lane

arouse

Title: Arouse

By: Nina Lane

Series: Spiral of Bliss Book 1

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books

"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.
And he did.
Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure. But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other...and sex might not be enough to save them.

our thoughts From the book description I had very high expectation for what I wanted out of Arouse. I anticipated a powerful and mesmerizing love story, but what I found proved to be somewhat lacking. The best way that I can find to express my feelings is to explain this story as more of a daytime soap opera. Arouse is starts out in the present with a married couple that a hot and steamy relationship. As the story continues on it secrets and betrayals cause a tremendous wedge between this couple. From this point on it is a bit of back and forth between the beginning of there relationship to the current situations. Olivia is not really a character that I could relate to, and I found to be a mystery to me. Her over zealous expectations of this man was a bit frustrating to read, and even with his past mistakes and decisions I found myself sympathizing with his character. This view of perfection, and the pedestal that Olivia has raised his character to ultimately are the key source of such a tragic downfall in this story. With such problematic relation to the story I feel that I am a bit of a bad source for the review of this novel. I wouldn’t want anyone to label this author, because of my feelings since I feel that all of struggles related directly to the storyline and not her talent or ability to write a great story. The storyline would have received a one or two star from me, but because of her ability to write I feel compelled to give it a three.

jackie name plate

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Thank you for such an honest review. I'm reading it right now and I'm not sure what I think. It's definetly different.