Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, February 6

Review: White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert

[ File # csp0572033, License # 1570399 ]
Licensed through http://www.canstockphoto.com in accordance with the End User License Agreement (http://www.canstockphoto.com/legal.php)
(c) Can Stock Photo Inc. / Spanishalex Title: White Trash Beautiful

By: Teresa Mummert

Series: White Trash Series #1

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books


“I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me.”
Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Georgia, with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. But everything changes when Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt, but Cass soon learns that being with Tucker will come at a high price.

our thoughts finl Cass’s life is a terrible tragedy. A young girl with a rotten life, and no where to turn is the basis of this entire story. With an addicted Mother, and an abusive addict for a boyfriend she has found herself in a white trash lifestyle. Although, this character is far from white trash. With a realistic look on life she knows that the only way to change her present is to work hard for a better life. It is easy to see over the progression of this story that this young woman just can not find a break. That is until a mysterious Tucker walks into the diner. This relationship is long and steady, but I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the character building. The story is narrated in first person, so while it is easy to relate and understand Cass, it was a struggle to maintain a firm grasp on the other characters. With this obstacle I feel that it also hindered the relationship development, and left their intensity so what lacking. The story line was one of extreme potential. When touching on such dark aspects of life I was intrigued from the start, but I wished everything else would have meshed with the desperation of the situation. After peaking my interest I will definitely have to read anymore additions to this series, but I hope to see the potential reached more effectively in the novels to come. Beware Mummert’s story is not your happy go’ lucky romance. Be prepared to touch the dark and dangerous aspects of Cass’s life.

Name Plate Jackie

No comments: