Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Monday, February 18

Review: Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley

mystery man

Title: Mystery Man

By: Kristen Ashley

Series: Dream Man Book 1

My Copy: Netgalley Ebook

BookWhisperer Rating:

five books

While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.
But she doesn’t even know his name.
Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.
This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she’s done.
Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length.
And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.

our thoughts finl Kirsten Ashley Does It Again!!! My very first experience with Ashley was her beloved Colorado Mountain Man series. OMG! What is with this woman and making me drool on the pages. (Or my kindle if appropriate) Every story she offers is a mangled web of action and intensity that leaves me feeling like I just survived a tornado. Although, I don't remember the past series being as emotionally charged as what I just experience here in Mystery Man. The whole concept of three men vying for one woman's affection could potentially have come off very sluttish or unrealistic, but that couldn't have been farther from the truth here. This was non stop ride, and so very fulfilling. It was truly amaze story, and I honestly struggle with what to say as to come give anything away. Gwen is just the good girl with the wrong sister. I loved her character! While she could be a bit exhausting with her over analyzing of everything, but overall I think that was the point. More importantly,  I loved everyone of the other characters as well. Ashley creates story with such complexity and depth that it is demands your undivided attention throughout. She creates characters that are strong independent leads, and leaving almost impossible to choose a favorite. I see that the future of this series will take some of those individuals, and wrap them into individual guaranteed heart stopping stories.  I can't wait to get started, and to be honest there is nothing more that I could say about this author or series other than; START IT NOW! You are missing something incredible.Name Plate Jackie

You ever have those cravings for Ruffle chips, or a chocolate bar, or even the perfect fountain soda?  Well that was my craving for a Kristen Ashley book and boy did I pick the right one to start of my obsession with her again.  Mystery Man rocked my life for the two days that I was reading it.  I loved it so much and was so wrapped up in it that I texted Jackie on Sunday and told her, “whatever you are reading now, stop it and start Mystery Man.” She heeded my words and Monday at work, we sat in the cafeteria reading. 

Gwen’s life is absolutely, straight out of the world, crazy.  Drama all the way through in this book but there was never a dull moment.  And then throwing Hawk into the mix just made my heart race even faster.  He is so freakin’ hot that Jackie and I texted back and forth about how much we wanted him.  Completely the ultimate alpha male. 

This book is events after events of crazy situations, hot man after hot man walking into Gwen’s life, heart-breaking moments, and unbelievably hot moments.  If you are a Kristen Ashley fan, read this book.  If you don’t know who she is, may I suggest picking this book as a starting book.  If you don’t like her, then I am sorry because she brings happiness into my world.

name plate miranda

No comments: