Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, February 17

Blog Tour: Running On Empty by L.B. Simmons

image

RunningonEmpty_AMAZON

Title: Running On Empty

By: LB Simmons

My Copy: Ebook for Tour

BookWhisperer Rating:

four books

 

I had the perfect life.

Beautiful and loving husband.Three gorgeous little girls.
Successful career.

The only thing missing was the white picket fence. I really wanted that fence.

Three years ago, I lost that life. I lost my husband. And I lost myself. But, eventually, I found my way through the darkness. I’ve made peace with my new life. I have my girls, and that’s all that matters. They are my world. I have no illusions of ever falling in love again or getting whisked away on a white horse.

But then he came back into my life. On a freakin’ motorcycle.

There’s no way I’ll let him turn my life completely upside down. Absolutely no way.

The question is…

How long can I keep pretending that I’m happy with my life being right-side up?

our thoughts finl

Oh, this book made me cry, super cry.  I found myself crying because of Alex’s loss, I found myself crying because of Blake’s entrance back into her life, and I found myself crying because of the happiness that slowly creeps its way back into her life.  Simmons has written a beautiful story that just yanked on my emotions (good and bad.) 

I liked the story when it involved Alex, her children, and Harlow but when Blake entered the mix, I loved the story.  His character brought out a completely different side of Alex that as the reader, I had yet to see.  Their first meeting was not a pleasant one, neither was their second, or third but once a truce was made, all I wanted was to read about their interaction between each other.  I loved them together.  They just made each other complete.  The way he interacted with the Meyer girls made my heart flutter. 

I did notice that there is a second book coming out and I am excited to see if it is a continuation of Alex and Blake’s life or the background of Trace and Harlow’s story.

 

name plate miranda

No comments: