Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, January 20

Review: Love Lies Bleeding by Meghan Ciana Doidge

love lies bleeding

Title: Love Lies Bleeding

By: Love Lies Bleeding

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

two books

Pamela just wants to reunite in the afterlife with her dead fiancĂ©, Grady. Problem is, Grady was a secret agent, and his coded emails have infuriated both his employers and his enemies. They need Pamela alive. So, instead of her planned suicide, she is kidnapped by black ops agents, tortured by mobster warlords, hunted by a psychotic killer, and chased by zombies … all necessary evils in order to ultimately walk into the sunset with her true love.
This novella (approximately 28,000 words) is adapted from a screenplay written by the author. As such, it is best to let the story wash over you ... like you would watch a movie. As an added bonus, this version includes a twelve-chapter excerpt from the novel, After the Virus.

our thoughtsThis will a first for me. Writing a review about a book that would have been three stars until I hit the ending. For over half of the book I was hanging on every word, and thoroughly enjoying this story. I would have honestly reviewed with a three if this had continued. Then as if a totally different story, the second half or even last quarter of the book just seemed to fall off for me. When I reflect trying to determine just where this story went wrong I have to say it was almost immediately from the point that you realize it is a zombie story. I hate to say this because I have read Zombie books that I loved, but this story zipped right along wonderful until they attempted to transition to the conclusion. It was like reading a mystery up until we find ourselves in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. I hate writing negative reviews, and I always stand behind on respects for any author. Although, I have to say without a doubt that this story just doesn’t work for me. I even think if the story had been reworked, and a slightly different ending maybe it could have been better. With all of this being said I is easy to see the potential of this talented author through much of this story. I would be happy to read something different from this author, because I truly think with a different story she could be spectacular.

jackie name plate

No comments: