Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, December 19

Review: Lexi, Baby by Lynda LeeAnne

lexi baby

Title: Lexi, Baby

By: Lynda LeeAnne

Series: This Can’t Be Happening #1

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

four books

Alexis Sky Martine thinks of herself as the average girl-next-door that does what she has to do to get by, have fun and enjoy life.
She is madly in love with her sexy, drop-your-panties-at-first-sight, hottie boyfriend who is equally in love with her; more like downright obsessed. He treats her like she is his heart; like he needs her to exist; like he would do anything in his power to make her happy.
Lexi knows Landyn James loves her just as much as she loves him, if not more. Deep down, she also knows high school sweethearts aren’t expected to last, but their relationship is different. They are soul mates. Their connection is unbreakable.
What could possibly go wrong when you have love like that...?
Everything.
What will the future hold...?
Only time will tell.

our thoughts finl Even though I was in the middle of another book at the time of this books arrival I was ecstatic, and eager to get this one started. Shortly after it was obvious that nothing was satisfying my craving, and I kept finding myself veering right back to this book. So, I did what any normal person would do. DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING, AND READ IT IMMEDIATELY. Did it live up to my anticipation? I really do believe it did; with a few minor notes I think that this was amazing debut novel for this series. As a small story there is an awful lot of history wrapped up in this book. As such, I felt that it presentation was mildly rushed. Evidence shows that I am a lover of big and scary alpha men, but Landyn's approach in the beginning was a little overbearing. It didn't effectively come off as the seductive demands I think was intended, but rather I felt he was a pushy and arrogant jerk. As I said earlier this was a very fast read, so it will be easily overlooked once you hit the heart of the story. I liked the protective and caring side of Landyn's character, and I know it won me over immediately. After so many years apart everything about this relationship comes natural as if these characters were definitely made for one another. Time and space never truly effected them, and I loved every minute of their reunion. As with the real world, life comes with obstacles and these two have a long road ahead of them. The series title This Can't Be Happening is very fitting and perfect for the description of the book. Several times through out reading as my jaw had dropped I found myself reciting the exact same line. The ending built my anticipation up for the future of this series. Not only for the continuation of Lexi and Landyn, but the additional characters that so effectively touched my heart throughout this story. I can not wait to see what this wonderful author has planned for the future, and for all of the characters stories to come.

Name Plate Jackie

No comments: