Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, December 19

Review: Charade by Nyrae Dawn

charade

Title: Charade

By: Nyrae Dawn

Series: Games Book 1

My Copy: Ebook bought from Barnes and Noble

BookWhisperer Rating:

four books

Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection.

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too.

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever.

our thoughts finlIf you liked Beautiful Disaster, then you are going to love Charade.  Yes, the plot is different however Chey and Colt are disasters without each other but they are beautiful disasters when they come together.  For those of you who didn’t like it because of the possessive and anger issues, this book does not have that element in it so I suggest you give it a try.

Charade had me crying for both of the characters.  Usually, it is just one character that experiences a very rough life or patch in their life that I shed a tear for but this book had me bawling for both.  Chey’s background story with her mother and how it has left her hurt my heart.  But when Colt opened up about his mother and how he finally admitted to his dread, anxiety, and feelings about one day losing her, I lost it.  It brought me back to my past; my feelings, anxiety, and that dreadful weight of losing someone ripped through me again.  To me, bring out my emotions and reliving it makes Dawn a wonderful writer.  She made me experience it all over again. 

How they held on to each other to during the mess of their lives was beautiful.  Yes, it all started as a game but it ended in so much more.

“This isn’t a f***ing game anymore.  No charades here.  I don’t know exactly what to call it, but whatever it is, it is ours.  I’m going to latch onto it.  And never let go.”

name plate miranda

No comments: