Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, December 29

Review: Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha

beyond  shame

Title: Beyond Shame

By: Kit Rocha

My Copy: Ebook from Publisher through NetGalley

BookWhisperer Rating:

four_books_thumb 

All Noelle Cunningham has ever wanted is a life beyond–beyond the walls of Eden, where only the righteous are allowed to remain, and beyond her stiflingly restrictive existence as a councilman’s daughter. But only ruins lie outside the City, remnants of a society destroyed by solar storms decades earlier.
The sectors surrounding Eden house the corrupt, the criminal–men like Jasper McCray, bootlegger and cage fighter. Jas clawed his way up from nothing to stand at the right hand of Sector Four’s ruthless leader, and he’ll defend the O’Kane gang with his life. But no fight ever prepared him for the exiled City girl who falls at his feet.
Her innocence is undeniable, but so is their intense sexual attraction, and soon they’re crossing every boundary Noelle barely knew she had. But if she wants to belong to Jas, first she’ll have to open herself to the gang, to a dangerous world of sex, lust and violence. A world where passion is power, and freedom is found in submission.

our thoughtsWow!!! This is the one and only word that comes to mind when reflecting on this title. I have read some very promiscuous books, but this would definitely have to be by far the worst that I have experienced. Now I I don't want anyone to misunderstand what I mean when I say the "worst". This is purely referring to its dark and dirty sexual nature. I can no longer count the number of times that this story made me blush. It will definitely take readers for a ride down educational lane. Although, I so captivated by this storyline that I trudged through very inch craving more. Seeing as how the story jumped immediately into the heart I am not entirely sure if this story was intended to be futuristic or an alternate reality, but it was not hindering to the overall experience of the plot line. It reminds one of an adult novel similar to Divergent by Veronica Roth. The various sectors based on different values and qualities was intriguing. This was a memorable experience that will leave the author on my radar.

jackie name plate

No comments: