Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Tuesday, November 20

Review: Undeadly by Michele Vail

undeadly

Title: Undeadly

By: Michele Vail

Series: Reaper Diaries Book 1

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

four books

The day I turned 16, my boyfriend-to-be died. I brought him back to life. Then things got a little weird...
Molly Bartolucci wants to blend in, date hottie Rick and keep her zombie-raising abilities on the down-low. Then the god Anubis chooses her to become a reaper-and she accidentally undoes the work of another reaper, Rath. Within days, she’s shipped off to the Nekyia Academy, an elite school that trains the best necromancers in the world. And her personal reaping tutor? Rath. Who seems to hate her guts.
Rath will be watching closely to be sure she completes her first assignment-reaping Rick, the boy who should have died. The boy she still wants to be with. To make matters worse, students at the academy start turning up catatonic, and accusations fly-against Molly. The only way out of this mess? To go through hell. Literally.

our thoughts finl

Zombie's are making a run on the Paranormal genre, but personally I feel that they are a better categorized by the scifi genre. They stand out from the remainder of species in the genre, and I have always felt that I could not entertain the concept. UNTIL NOW!!

Undeadly was an incredibly complex storyline that must overcome a few obstacles. The intricate web that builds this story required a ton of information to create this intriguing world. All of this information is essential from the start of the story which leaves readers with a lot of information to grasp in very few pages. The result will leave readers questioning the future of the story. With minimal dedication I pushed through these first few chapters, and found the story fall at my feet. Once the details are all laid out the story took off fast, and wrapped me into the pages.

This world is unlike anything I have seen before with a perfect mixture of Reapers, Zombie, Ghosts, and Gods. Lightly wrapped in what seems to be a bit of mythology I was captivated and enthralled by the remainder of the story. I take Molly as a very loner character; that just wants to be accepted for who she is. When she finds herself in a dream with Anubis is safe to assume that her life is always going to be extraordinary. To be perfectly honest, I was happy for Molly when Rick began showing attraction to her, but something just always did not settle well with me on the Rick front. From the start I was more drawn by Rath's character. As the story unfolded I was even more excited to see the palpable attraction between their two characters. I look forward to seeing where their relationship will lead in book two.

The developments over this entire book were colossal, and has set the standard for every book to come. After a rocky beginning I was deeply pulled into Undeadly, and hope that this series can continue the momentum throughout. This will not be an easy book to overcome, and hopefully the few obstacles present with this story will not reappear in the next installment.

Name Plate Jackie

No comments: