Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, November 10

Review: Impulse by Dannika Dark

Title: Impulse
By: Dannika Dark
Series: Mageri Series Novel Book 3
My Copy: Ebook from Author
BookWhisperer Rating:

Almost one year ago, a Mage attacked Silver and changed the course of her destiny.
Immortals exist, and now she is one of them.

Within the dark and supernatural city of Cognito, Silver is living under the watchful eye of her Ghuardian and dating her mortal enemy. Neither man can protect her from a dark secret, one buried within the contents of a box. As rival factions struggle to gain control, she finds herself in the middle of a centuries-old feud that threatens to drive a wedge between her and Logan Cross, the man who intends to seduce her.

In an explosive turn of events, one life is saved and another is forever altered. Can Silver trust those around her, or are they hiding a dark secret of their own?

Well I have read all three books of The Mageri series consecutively in the past week. I cannot tell you a single even that has happened in that time, because every second of my time was spent totally enraptured by these characters and this truly amazing storyline. Silver has a knack for trouble, and it will find her even when she is not looking. Over the past three novels I felt as though she alternates between victim and instigator. Although, regardless of her risk taking I absolutely love her character; I just may want to choke her when I foresee the errors in her judgment. If you have read my previous review for book two I reluctantly expressed my bias nature toward Justus and Logan. Darn it, if that Chita is not weaseling his way into my heart! Now I am in a constant struggle with myself, but I still feel the deep seeded loyalty toward Justus. Only now love Logan as well. What is a girl to do? Gotta love me some intense love triangles!!! Even if one of them is a complete "touch me not". With each book the story is twisting farther and farther from the original story base, but it is still carrying its action packed intensity and the most riveting story. As the complications grow, so is the massive cast and it intrigues me more and more with each new addition. Uniquely, I love so many characters with such devotion in one book that I wonder at times how it is even possible. I absolutely love how each character has a deep attachment to Silver, and each one has a devotion and loyal nature that is wonderful. Even when it appears that Silver will find a character that she is at odds with the relationship will end up transforming into one of respect. In the end there is not one character that is a mystery, and each carries a significant position in what I like to call her family. The developments of the last two pages of this book have me hanging on the edge, and I am desperate to see what it means for the future of this story. Unlike past novels, this individual book carries a lot of sorrow. It was not the happier note of justification in the end like I had come to expect, but rather the acknowledgement that like is not always peaches and cream so hold on to what you have. There is still a ways to go for this story, and the only problem is waiting for them to be written.

No comments: