Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, October 12

Review: Shadows by Jennifer L Armentrout

shadows

Title: Shadows

By: Jennifer L Armentrout

Series: Lux Book 2

My Copy: Ebook from Amazon

BookWhisperer Rating:

five books

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

our thoughts finl

Both “Shadows” and “Obsidian” were on my Kindle just begging to be read. And of course, my thought was to read “Shadow” first because it is the beginning of the series and that just makes sense, however I found that “Obsidian” was the recommended read first. After reading the second book first, I fell in loved the character Daemon (review to come soon) and I thought that there was no way I could switch gears to Dawson (Daemon’s twin…alien brother.) I wanted to dive in the third book and get sucked into Daemon and Katy’s world again, but I followed the rules and selected “Shadow” and I am glad that I did.

I knew that I would be bound to love this book. I loved the first one and blew my socks off, how could the second one not? And it is true…I couldn’t stop reading it. When I wasn’t reading it, I couldn’t stop thinking about how much I wanted to be reading it. The characters Dawson and Bethany were beautifully written for each other.

Dawson is just as swoon-worthy as Daemon minus the snide comments. His love for their sister Dee adorable and his soon to be love for Bethany is just breath taking. How does Jennifer do this to me? Why do I want to be plucked out of my world of safety and placed in the face of danger just so that I can have a love like Dawson and Bethany?

This book also answered some questions that were lingering from the first book.

The reviews are right; this is a must read series!

name plate miranda

No comments: