Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Wednesday, October 17

Review: Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout

onyx

Title: Onyx

By: Jennifer L Armentrout

Series: Lux Book 2

Genre: Young Adult Parrnormal

My Copy: Bought from Amazon

BookWhisperer Rating:

five books

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

our thoughts finl

Um, I am still tingling from finishing this book as I write the review. I should take a break, collect my thoughts so that they can make sense to you while you read this, but I cannot. I need you guys to know how amazing this story is!
So much action is thrown into this story that if you start it, you will not be able to put it down. Everything about it rings perfection.
There is so much mystery that enfolds in “Onyx.” Friendships are started, bonds are formed, and people are lost. Armentrout completely sucks you into their world and you live it along with them. Everything I read, I imagined it like it was on the big screen. I can see this series being turned into a movie!
Lets talk about Katy. I felt like Katy did a lot of growing up in this story, even if she did make some wrong decisions. She “mans up” and starts to prepare herself for anything that is to come. Her relationship with Daemon grows and changes all at the same time and it leaves the reader in a constant state of want.
Now lets talk about Daemon. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! He is everything I want in a fictional character and more. The way he pokes at Katy just to get a reaction makes me want to hate him, but then there are moments where as a reader, you realize that there is nothing more that he wants besides her. Yep, typing that just made my heart skip a beat. Example:
“Kitten,” he said again, voice strained. “You don’t get to do that and then stop. That’s not how it works.”
I stared at him, my breath stalling in my lungs.
“Not when you’re mine.” Daemon backed us up and slide down the wall, pulling me onto his lap so I was straddling him. “And you’re mine.”
IN LOVE! Enough said!
I absolutely need it to be December right now so that I can get my hands on Opal so I can be submerged into their lives again and fall even more in love with Daemon.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~

name plate miranda

No comments: