Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, October 12

Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout

obsidian

Title: Obsidian

By: Jennifer L Armentrout

Series: Lux Series

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

five books

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

our thoughts finl

This book was just what the doctor ordered for me. I was in a lull of “I will never find another great book to read!” and then this book appeared. I would sit with my Kindle and just soak up every word that Jennifer wrote. Soak up so much that I got up early one morning before work just to finish the book…I never get up early. I hate early.

I simply HATED and LOVED the character Daemon all at the same time. He was just so completely mean, arrogant, and hands down rude to Katy to the point where she should have just stabbed him…multiple times…all around his stupid alien body. However, then there were would be sides to him where he was perfect. How he was so protective of his sister Dee and deep down, how the reader knew he was protective of Katy.

Lux is such an amazing series so far. I can’t wait until I can sit down and read “Onyx” and December 11th can’t come fast enough because that is the release of “Opal.”

Side notes: And, of course, I check out the author’s page after finishing this book and found that there were small snippets from Daemon’s POV. WOW! It was just perfect to be able to read how Daemon felt throughout some of these scenes.

Did you ever watch the TV show Roswell? Well, I did and I loved it. It was the reason why this book appealed to me so much. And while these were similar, they are very different. So if you watched Roswell and liked it, check this book out.

name plate miranda

No comments: