Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Thursday, October 4

Review: Naked by Raine Miller

naked

Title: Naked

Series: A Blackstone Affair Book 1

By: Raine Miller

My Copy: Ebook from Amazon

BookWhisperer Rating:

four books

Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both…

our thoughts finl

That was such an elegant book compared to many of my other favorite reads. Brynne is a graduate student that has been known to make her extra money posing for nude photography. It was incredible to familiarize myself with this character. She was so unique and intriguing. While completely comfortable with her sexuality, and nakedness she is scarred and damaged from a past that is still unknown. She is such a strong and independent character, regardless of her weaknesses and fears. It is almost like she is constantly at war with herself to overcome her traumas. Ethan much like the female main character is also scarred from a military past that when discussed Neil referred to him as a "Miracle" to have survived. He is impulsive and aggressive. The overall relationship is a very commanding and demanding affair. For much of the first half of the novel I could not decide if I loved Ethan, or hated him. The true Alpha nature of his can be overwhelming, but as the story progressed I found myself a sucker for his affection. Just when I found myself completely devoted to his character the cliff hanger of an ending leaves me heartbroken and miserable. This was one of those ending that readers may just not survive from, and the future will carry much criticism from readers that do not appreciated the abruptness at which this story ended. As for me I love it, and think this shows amazing confidence from an author to chance such a risk. In my opinion this definitely worked to her favor with this story. All In is guaranteed to hit my to be read pile, after such an intense and addictive story I must continue this journey of Ethan and Brynne.
Name Plate Jackie

No comments: