Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, October 12

Review: Dante’s Girl by Courtney Cole

dantes girl

Title: Dante’s Girl

By: Courtney Cole

Series: The Paradise Diaries Book 1

My Copy: Ebook Galley from NetGalley

BookWhisperer Rating:

three books

I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy.

our thoughts finl Sweet Baby Monkeys

Dante’s Girl is the debuting novel for The Paradise Diaries series.This was such a sweet read. Reece is just your average everyday girl. Raise in Kansas on her Grandparents farm she nothing extraordinary. Although, this summer is going to be far from normal. This is not evident right away when she runs into a very attractive young man at the airport on her way to London, but when whisked away with him as per his evacuation protocol things begin to become quite evident. Dante is far from your typical everyday boy. The son of a prime minster he is anything from typical, and as the two spend more time together they appear to have something far from ordinary themselves. This was not a stop your heart romance, but it was a very sweet and heart melting romance. Dante has been forced into a life that does not leave many choices. While Reece is an American with every opportunity and choice at her finger tips. What these two characters learn from one another will open an eternity that never seemed possible. I really enjoyed this short and sweet love story. Unfortunately, I must comment about a couple frustrations with this story. As I said before Reece is a ordinary young girl, and with that I found myself irritated with the whiny girl syndrome that appears late into the story. I am not your typical girl girl, so that was something that I had to make myself over look. Overall, this was a right start, and I look forward to following the series as it comes.

Name Plate Jackie

No comments: