Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, October 21

Review: Claiming the Prize by Nadja Nortariani

claiming the prize

Title: Claiming the Prize

By: Nadja Nortariani

My Copy: Ebook from Author

BookWhisperer Rating:

two books

Walking a solitary, disciplined path in his pursuit to become the light heavyweight champion of the American-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Organization, Drago Zadrovec leaves the security of his homeland to train in the United States.  But once within the exclusive MMA organization, Drago finds himself increasingly drawn to his mentor's daughter, Grace Antolini.  Quiet and gentle, yet thoroughly immersed in the world in which he exists, Grace captures his heart as firmly as his quest for the title, igniting a long buried passion inside the fighter.  Subjecting his body to the brutality of the cage and opening his heart to the woman he desires to share his life with, Drago comes to understand that his journey is comprised of more than want of victory in the ultimate goal of Claiming The Prize......

our thoughts finl This was not at all what I expected of this book. Claiming the Prize is about a competitor working his way up to the light heavy champion of the American Mixed Martial Arts Org. With that being said the story that I expected would be powerful and intense. I was not disappointed about the fighting concept, as it was incredibly exhilarating and easy to follow. As a huge fan of fighter stories I was excited to get my hands on this book, but I was expecting a comparable romance. Maybe I should rephrase that I was not expecting a violent romance, but I was expecting a romance that coincided with the intense and raw power that fighting story tend to offer. Drago and Grace have a sweet romance, but it was very lacking in the building of the story. I did not feel the characters develop into this love that was instantaneous apparent in the story. The pace was dreadfully slow, and the overall feel was monotone. I believe the lack of climax to the story only added to the apparent length and slowness of the story. While I did finish this story I was not sold by it. It is not something that I would recommend, and feel no dedication to the characters.

Name Plate Jackie

No comments: