Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, September 8

Review: Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Title: Slammed
By: Colleen Hoover
Series: Slammed Book 1
Released: January 5th, 2012
My Copy: Ebook from Author
BookWhisperer Rating: 

More about the Story:
Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.
Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.
Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.



Holy Cowabunga!  I knew from all the reviews that this book would be wonderful and for some reason I kept putting if off.  If you were like me a few months ago and are still putting off reading this, stop! Read it right now!  I seriously read it in 5 hours one night.  I couldn’t stop. 

“Slammed” is such a poetic book.  Colleen writes to where you feel the character’s despair and then you get this glimpse of light, this small hope that the world might right itself again…then you get stabbed in the heart.  But throughout this whole tragic story, there is good, there is love, there is life and the main character Layken struggles to figure that out. 

This book is pact with important life lessons that are wrapped up in humor, poetry, tragic loss, and love.  I swooned at the connection between Layken and Will.  I shuttered at the misery that was presented.  And I ugly cried throughout the whole book (especially the end.)

In my mind, “Slammed” is a must read book.  You will seriously fall in love with the characters: Lake, Lake’s mom and brother, Will, Will’s brother, and Eddie and Gavin. 

On a side note, I WANT Will and Lake’s love.  The way love flowed so easily between them made me jealous and giddy all at the same time. 
 I can’t wait until I get to read “Point of Return” and I just found out that there will be a third book.  Super hooray!

No comments: