Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, September 9

Review: The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window

Title: The Boy Who Sneaks in my Bedroom Window
By: Kirsty Moseley
Genre: Mature Young Adult Romance
My Copy: Bought from Amazon
BookWhisperer Rating: 



Tell Me More:
Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.


"Sometime I feel like there's a hole inside of me, an emptiness that at times seems to burn. I think if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could probably hear the ocean.... I have this dream of being whole. Of not going to sleep each night, wanting. But still sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing... I dream of a love that even time will lie down and be still for." Quote from Practical Magic. 

I know probably wondering why on earth I would post a quote from a movie for a review. Well I finished this book, and this was immediately stuck in my head. Amber and Liam are this love that time will lie down for. This is young adult novel, but it is so incredible deep that all ages will love it. This is not your first love story, but rather a TRUE LOVE STORY! I was blown away by this carefully and intricately crafted story that flows through these pages. The hidden meaning and deep emotion wrapped around every thought and action is incredible. Even for Liam being the neighbor; after climbing into Amber's bed the first time he had agreed to share her life. Even at the age of ten he was devoted to her accepting all of the pain and torture of abuse was not her's alone, but theirs to share. Which unfolded into a story of hope and love, and the proof that people really can overcome their pasts. I was awed, but the obvious talented displayed in Moseley's writing. Jake, Liam, and Amber are all very close; so effectively writing a story that consistently carries them all was difficult, but this incredibly talented woman did it. Not only did she do it, but she perfected it! Not once did I feel a shift amongst the characters. Leaving readers concerned by every development in the book, and how it will effect everyone involved.  

What I had expected to be primarily a love story ended up being so much more. It almost carries story within a story, within a story feel to this book. Amber and Liam will struggle obstacles one after another. Although, the climatic ending is an obstacle that they all will share. I felt that this tied the story up so effectively. At first, it gave Liam and Amber time to grow with their problems, but bring them all back together in the ending seems to only enforce the bonds shown throughout the story. Almost like making a final statement that they are a unit, and that is the way they will remain. I loved every single minute of this story, and can not even being to do this story the justice in words. It is incredible and inspiring... BookWhisperer Favorite!!!

1 comment:

Neyra said...

This sounds like such a good book, I'm gonna have to check it out! Great review Jackie :D