Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Friday, August 24

Review: Unattainable by Deb Apodaca

Title: Unattainable
By: Deb Apodaca
Series: Affliction Novel Book 2
My Copy: Ebook from Author
BookWhisperer Rating:

About the Book:
“What do you want from me?” I demanded.

Dean examined my eyes and looked disapointed in what he saw. “Do you remember anything?” He asked with hope.

“What are you talking about? I was with Shane, then I woke up here! He’ll kill you for this!” I warned.

Dean threw back his head and laughed. “That little mosquito can try.” Then he lowered his eyes and cocked a smile. “I dare him.”

The way he gazed at me was intense. I felt butterflies frantically flying in my stomach and up my chest. “What do you want from me?” I demanded, as I pretended not to feel a rush of excitement from his close presence. 

“Do you remember anything from your human life?” Dean asked and tilted his head to the side. 

“No.” I responded immediately.

“Are you sure? Think really hard.” Dean insisted.

“I don’t. I’ve already tried thinking really hard. Why is this so important?” I asked.

Ignoring my question, Dean asked, “Do you remember your friends? Family?” He hesitated and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. “Maybe a boyfriend you had?”

After the heartbreak of book one I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Unattainable. The story started out much slower than I had anticipated, and it continued through much of the story. This second installment was much different from the first in that with the separation of Dean and Miranda we alternate chapters, and follow the two of them separately. It is a book long heartache to watch Miranda with her unknown past, and the slow by progressive deterioration of Dean knowing that he must eventually kill the one he loves. The ending redeems much of this story once the action really hits. Dean and Marcus predicaments are going to make for a very interested third book to the Afflicted series. To honestly rate this book I have to say that Captivated was better, but it is still a very good read. Even better I am ecstatic about the upcoming book three, and can not wait to see if Deb can surpass expectations with the best book yet. The series is about to transform, and I can't wait to see where it will go!!!!

No comments: