Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Sunday, July 8

Review: Hell on Wheels by

Title: Hell on Wheels
By: Julie Ann Walker
Series: Black Knights Ops Book 1
My Copy: Ebook from NetGalley
BookWhisperer Rating:


The Story:
He’s the bad boy she’s always wanted...

Nate “Ghost” Weller has loved Ali Morgan nearly half his life. But he’s done something so heinous he’s convinced she’ll never forgive him if she discovers the truth, so he keeps his feelings and his secrets to himself. Then she blows into town with a mother lode of bad guys on her tail and Nate can’t deny she’s in serious trouble. Unfortunately, he’s the only one who can help her.

She’s the good girl he’s kept at arm’s length...

Ali knows Nate as the most solemn, aloof man on the planet. Sadly, he’s also the sexiest. For years she’s avoided him, unable to stomach his dark scowls and brooding silences… especially when she secretly yearns for his touch. Now she must rely on him to save her from the malevolent shadows ghosting her every move. When the bullets explode, so does their passion. But can love really conquer all? Or are some things just too terrible to forgive?



What is so glorious about special ops military men? I don't know, but please give me more. I loved everything about this story from the characters all the way down to the chop shop. It was a rollercoaster of emotion with the added incentive of not only one steamy and intense romance, but the building of yet another. I must actually admit that I find myself more drawn to Becky's character a little more than Ali, but please don't let me miss lead she was a rocking character as well. She is far from your typical girl, and I loved how over the length of this book she transforms from a small town school teacher to a independent and borderline dangerous young woman. Nate "Ghost" Weller is the male lead character, and he along with Ali brother have worked for an independent special ops contractor for several years. With the cover of a custom Chopper Shop; they have successfully mislead everyone they know. Except maybe Ali! Then Nate must return home to deliver news of Griggs death. This begins the story, and rolls into a chain of events that bring Ali to Nate front door. It seems far more sinister hands are at play, and everything is not what it appears. With Ali on the compound Nate will be forced to recognize his feelings, and acknowledge Ali for more than his best friends little sister. I cannot tell you enough how much I loved this story. This is the first novel for the Black Knights series, and it was so entertaining to meet every one of the characters. Every single one is incredible, and I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for each one. As I said earlier I found myself a sucker for Becky and Boss, so the next book is one I can't wait to start. For romance fans that adore some action packed story lines this is the book for you! BOOKWHISPERER RECOMMENDED!
~BOOKWHISPERER REVIEWER JO~


1 comment:

HK Savage said...

I have a soft spot for military action/romance too. Working on one currently (I have two written and sold them to Siren but we couldn't work out a contract so pondering releasing under my company's banner). Going out to buy this one right now. Thanks for the review!