Coming Soon...

  • Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 3th, 2017

  • Lucian Divine by Renee Carlino

    Review: Jan. 8th, 2017

  • Egomaniac by Vi Keeland

    Release Day Blitz: Jan. 16th, 2017

  • Casanova by Emma Hart

    Review: Jan. 25th, 2017

  • The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan

    Review: Jan. 27th, 2017

Saturday, June 16

Review: Bared to You by Sylvia Day

bared to you

Title: Bared to You

By: Sylvia Day

Series: A Crossfire Novel (Book 1)

My Copy: Netgalley Ebook for Review

BookWhisperer Rating:

four stars

More about this Book:

Our journey began in fire...
Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...
Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.
The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

review plate

Ummmm, wow! I wish I could leave my review like that and hopefully that will spark some people to check this book out because of their curiosity.

Okay, lets go for it. Is this book being compared to Fifty Shades of Grey? Yes. Have I read Fifty Shades of Grey yet to compare it? No (but it is on my list of book to read.) Eva has a dark past; a past that can pop up and haunt her at any moment but it doesn’t stop her from living. And life starts to get fun with Gideon Cross jumps into the picture. Just the author’s description of him in the first chapter had me drooling. I so badly wanted to run into Gideon like Eva did (my fingers are still crossed that it is going to happen one day.)

Gideon sees her and immediately wants; knows that she is his and has no problem being very blunt about his need for her. So they strike a deal that their “relationship” is going to involve but once it starts, they realize that they are so drawn into each other that this is going to be more than just sex. And this relationship is screwed up on so many levels that there is a constant fight to make it work. Their pasts rear its ugly heads and throw them for loops but they cannot not be together.

What I really liked about this book was that these two characters are not the perfect people. They have horrible pasts, they are flawed because of it, and things don’t always go well for them in their relationship, but they honestly fight for it in the long run.

I know that you are all asking yourselves “Did she add Gideon to her husband list?” The answer, yes I did!

~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~

nameplate

No comments: